Government has approved the Concept for the Development of Mountainous Territories of the Ukrainian Carpathians
On 3 April 2019, the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine approved the Concept for the Development of Mountainous Territories of the Ukrainian Carpathians for 2019-2027.
“Representatives of the Government, state administrations and oblast councils of the Carpathian region, all-Ukrainian associations of local self-government bodies, as well as MPs of Ukraine have been elaborating this Concept for several months. We have been discussing in the regions, analysing problems, looking for the most effective tools for the mountainous areas’ development, ways to improve the quality of life of people living there. Now we have a general vision, a general goal, set the main priorities and start to create a precise action plan,” commented Vyacheslav Nehoda, First Deputy Minister of Regional Development, Construction, Housing and Communal Services, who heads the working group on the analysis of problematic issues of the mountainous territories formed as instructed by the Prime Minister of Ukraine Volodymyr Groysman.
MinRegion with other interested central executive bodies should within six months develop an action plan for the implementation of the Concept, which will enable:
- to equalise regional development disproportions by implementing joint projects aimed at solving the problems of the Carpathians development;
- to increase the competitiveness of mountainous territories by launching new production sites, increasing the number of jobs, raising the level of employment of the population;
- to strengthen economic cooperation in the region through the development of tourism, preservation of historical and cultural heritage, development of macro-regional innovation ecosystems;
- to ensure spatial development of the region by identifying investment-attractive territories and areas in need of state support;
- підвищити транспортну та інформаційну доступності на гірських територіях;
- to ensure environment protection by rational management of natural resources, diversification of energy sources, observance of environmental safety standards and prevention of natural disasters;
- to intensify interregional and cross-border cooperation aimed at mountainous territories’ development.
It is expected that Concept implementing measures will be funded at the expense of state and local budgets, as well as at the expense of international technical assistance and other sources.
Earlier, Vyacheslav Nehoda noted that problems of the mountainous territories’ development should be solved through the lens of economics.
We also recall that a Governmental draft law “On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine Regarding Sustainable Development and Creation of New Jobs in Mountainous and Highland Settlements” No 8154 remains under consideration of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine for more than a year.
Область:Закарпатська область Івано-Франківська область Львівська область Чернівецька область
Share the news:
02 March 2024
5 березня об 11:00 розпочнуться Конгресові слухання на тему: Децентралізація. Законопроєкт № 4298 «Про місцеві...
01 March 2024
1 березня 2024 року у Києві агенції регіонального розвитку (АРР) Тернопільської та Сумської областей та...
01 March 2024
Працівники органів місцевого самоврядування не можуть отримувати зарплати менші за мінімальну, тому народні депутати...
01 March 2024
On February 28, 2024, in Chernivtsi, a dialogue event on improving the legislation regarding the institution of...